We thank you for your interest in participating in the first edition of the Quebec Cycling Walking Classic, an event benefitting the Cancer Research Society, and supported by Centre de Recherche du CHU of Quebec and the Medical Faculty of the Université Laval.
Although the pandemic persists, organizers of this new classic have decided to safely launch their event as a “hybrid” challenge for the cause. Participants will therefore have the chance to complete their cycling or walking challenge, virtually between July 5 and September 12, 2021, followed by a celebratory event on Sunday, September 12*. The Cancer Research Society is very pleased to see this new edition come to life and to have the Université Laval group join the team!
Cancer has not taken a break!
Researchers need our support more than ever. Despite the significant impacts of COVID-19 on our lives, cancer statistics remain unchanged demonstrating that one in two Canadians will develop some form of cancer in their lifetime, and that every 7 minutes one person will die from it. Scientists need us more than ever to pursue their research. The Society needs your support in the fight to outsmart cancer and fund the most promising researchers who work tirelessly to find solutions to understand, prevent, detect and treat this disease.
* Registration Fee:
- No registration fee is required. However, we ask for you to launch a fundraising campaign for the cause in order to raise an individual goal you will have set for yourself (each of your donors will receive a full tax receipt for their contribution).
- Each registrant will receive a trendy Cycling Jersey or Walking t-shirt according the challenge chosen, and will be invited to participate in a Celebratory Gathering* on Sunday, September 12, 2021.
*This gathering remains to be confirmed according to the instructions that will be issued at that time by Quebec Public Health.
- As a individual: Recommended fundraising goal: $150
- As a team*: Fundraise as part of a group to reach a team goal
*Friendly reminder not to forget to respect Quebec Public Health guidelines for gathering and social distancing.
- This year’s event format allows you to take on the challenge of your choice (cycling or walking), wherever you want, on the date of your choice between July 5 to September 12, 2021. You are free to choose your circuit, your distance/ speed objectives as well as the moment to realize your challenge. In return, we will ask you to share with us the number of kilometres cycled as well as photos* of you and/or your team once your Cycling Challenge has been completed.
*Photos will be shared on the Cancer Research Society website and on our Social Media platforms.